Erie and Niagara Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of families and businesses in New York State for more than 140 years.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including platinum health and dental plans, profit sharing, 401k with a company match, paid time off, pension, flexible schedules and more!
Qualified candidates may submit their confidential resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources.
Interested in joining our team? Explore the opportunities below:
Mail Room Processor
Erie and Niagara is seeking a Document Management Center Processor. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
Performs daily routine work functions in the following departments:
Document Management Center – for the mailing, printing and receiving of company documents both paper and electronic.
Underwriting Support Group – responsible for data entry of routine policy information into an online system from source documents based on pre-established guidelines.
Responsibilities may vary based on knowledge, frequency, and priority.
Document Management Center: Position works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work effort with employees within the department and their department manager.
- Perform reconciliation of print file (from third party print vendor) based on pre-established timelines
- Perform all other duties associated with releasing print files to third party print vendor
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail
- Responsible for preparing, scanning and quality checking of documents/images being converted to electronic format
- Print/release documents and prepare to mail
- Delivers paper to company copiers
- Periodic mail pick-ups from designated office locations
- Prepare outgoing mail using applicable mail machines: sort, apply necessary postage
- Create mailing labels as needed
- Maintain paper / envelope supply and request service / repair as needed
- Fill Agent Supply Requests as needed
Underwriting Support Group: Position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions typically do not require exercising independent judgment.
- Data entry of new applications, endorsements and cancellations into Policy Management System
- Review, approve and process endorsements and cancellations within scope of authority
- Process manual renewals
- Responsible for the distribution of daily emails, faxes and indexing procedures
- Responsible for initial application review procedures for all lines of business
- Gathers information on quotes and new issuance and releases to Underwriting on a timely basis
- Process Underwriter requested Formal Cancellations
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management, which may include providing back-up and support services to other areas of the company
- Minimum High School Diploma – or GED Certificate
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows based environment
- Prior mailroom and/or scanning experience desired
- Must meet pre-established data entry test standards
- Detail oriented
- Must work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and meet deadlines
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a part time Cleaner/Maintenance Worker for their office located in Williamsville, NY. The hours are 4:00pm-7:00pm Monday through Friday. Benefits include profit share, paid time off and 401k employer match.This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
Partnering with another Part Time Cleaner, the position will share the following responsibilities:
- General office cleaning including cleaning all meeting rooms, hallways, lobby, rest rooms, break room, cafeteria, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other work areas
- Empty wastebaskets, replace liners and transport trash and waste to disposal area
- Dust such items as blinds, furniture, file cabinets, and windowsills using treated cloths or hand-cleaning items
- Polish furniture
- Sweep, vacuum, and mop floors and stairways
- Strip and buff floors, as needed
- Clean all glass windows and doors
- Clean and service all restrooms
- Clean all sinks and counters in kitchen and break areas and stock all dispensers
- Move office furniture, as needed
- Replace light bulbs
- Clear/salt sidewalks
- Maintain maintenance closet to ensure it is clean, organized and fully stocked
- Report needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions requiring outside vendor services
- Seek out areas requiring cleaning; takes initiative to complete the task
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year related experience
- Able to work independently and is self-motivated
- Able to lift 50-100 lbs., as needed
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.