Erie and Niagara Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of families and businesses in New York State for more than 140 years.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including platinum health and dental plans, profit sharing, 401k with a company match, paid time off, pension, flexible schedules and more!
Qualified candidates may submit their confidential resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources.
Interested in joining our team? Explore the opportunities below:
Erie and Niagara is seeking a full-time Underwriting Assistant. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company with opportunities for advancement.
Position is responsible for assisting in underwriting activities within the scope of authority for Personal Insurance.
- Handling incoming calls from agent
- Process policy quotations as directed by Underwriters
- Prepares written communications
- Review and approve policy endorsement requests with established guidelin
- Review and approve policy cancellation requests
- Review policy renewals
- Research information to be utilized in the underwriting decision process
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Underwriting Management
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Two years of demonstrated customer service experience is preferred
- Ability to use sound judgment and make decisions within established underwriting guidelines
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows based environment
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities daily
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to pursue INS designation
- Experience with workflows and ImageRight a plus
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full time Property/Casualty Underwriter. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, evaluating risks, determining the appropriate levels and terms of accepting risks, preparing policies for issuance, review policy endorsements, cancellations, renewals and promoting agent relationships. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years property/casualty coverage experience required
- Demonstrated product knowledge
- Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Work within a highly-automated environment
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.