Erie and Niagara Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of families and businesses in New York State for more than 145 years.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including platinum health and dental plans, profit sharing, 401k with a company match, paid time off, pension, flexible schedules and more!
Qualified candidates may submit their confidential resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources.
Interested in joining our team? Explore the opportunities below:
Desktop Support Technician
Erie and Niagara is seeking a full-time Desktop Support Technician for our IT department. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
Core support areas include basic computer related helpdesk requests, desktop software & hardware and end-user trouble shooting. Day to day work responsibilities will be at the direction of the Systems Administrators in addition to the VP of Information Technology.
- Analyze, diagnose, track, and resolve hardware and software issues on the computer systems, network, and/or equipment and take corrective action
- Work with users to ensure the systems are performing optimally and resolve any system issues along with analyzing user needs to identify and predict future requirements
- Monitor the entire environment on a daily basis to ensure system health and environmental security
- Maintain documentation surrounding the entire system and network environments
- Maintain routine patch schedule to include systems and firmware patches across the network and maintain records of such activities
- Stay current with technology trends and practices and recommend changes to improve system and network configurations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Associates degree in related field with two years work experience or minimum four years related experience
- Must have hands-on experience with desktop support, application, and network connectivity
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Azure, Routing protocols required
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, Intune and VMWare preferred
- Basic understanding of network LAN/WAN architecture
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, technical information with a wide variety of individuals
- Troubleshooting capacity and mindset, as well as the ability to learn/assist with new technologies quickly
- Ability to set and meet deadlines as necessary
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Pay range for this position is $45,000 - $55,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications of the selected candidate. The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the New York State Pay Transparency Law.
Claims Assistant (On-Site)
Primary point of contact for processing claim payments. Responsible for analyzing information obtained in order to evaluate claims; determine coverage; extent of loss or liability; settles claims within prescribed limits. Works under general supervision and is required to exercise independent judgment within a defined scope of authority.
- Responsible for processing daily incoming and outgoing claims mail, email and faxed material. Document files and/or systems accordingly
- Responsible for setting up claims, including taking new loss reports, establishing claim files, obtaining policy information and inputting and/or documenting same within various computer systems
- Responsible for documenting all file and/or system activity timely, clearly and concisely
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with insureds, claimants, agents, internal and external colleagues and associated business partners
- Responsible for timely and accurate indemnity and expense payment entries and processing via manual and system-based applications. Responsibilities include ensuring outgoing payments are delivered daily for mailing
- Responsible for inputting indemnity and expense reserves timely and accurately within systems based on a predetermined scope of authority and/or as directed
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission and reconciliation of claims via ISO for purposes of first party property (NYCRR 62.2.2) and third-party CMS reporting. Responsibilities include incorporating ISO responses within specific claim files and/or systems
- Responsible for entering prepared responses to NYDFS, BBB and/or third-party formal complaints timely via NYDFS/BBB web site, portal and/or by other means dictated. Responsibility includes timely cataloging said responses in the appropriate claim system
- Responsible for adding file markers (ie: reinsurance, subrogation, liability, property, litigation, CAT) and associated classifications within systems
- Responsible for payment reconciliation (ie: Adjuster expense, subrogation)
- Responsible for preparing and distributing various claim reports to ENIA staff
- Responsible for preparing training material in connection with Claim Assistant duties and functions, to include assistance with and or leading training exercises
- Responsible for performing related administrative and/or technical tasks and duties as assigned by Claims Specialists and/or Director of Claims
- Associates Degree is preferred
- INS Designation or pursuit thereof is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance policy forms and coverages
- Proficient computer skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented; maintaining high level of accuracy
- Exercises good judgment when corresponding with agents, insureds and claimants
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Pay range for this position is $20 - $25/hour depending on experience and qualifications of the selected candidate. The expected salary range for this position is displayed in accordance with the New York State Pay Transparency Law.
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.