Erie and Niagara Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of families and businesses in New York State for more than 140 years.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including platinum health and dental plans, profit sharing, 401k with a company match, paid time off, pension, flexible schedules and more!
Qualified candidates may submit their confidential resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources.
Interested in joining our team? Explore the opportunities below:
Software Quality Assurance Tester
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full time Software Tester/QA Specialist. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing various support and help desk tasks in the IT department as well as assessing software quality through manual and automated testing. Works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work is performed in a normal office environment. Will be required to work outside the normal business hours occasionally to allow for business continuity. This position is expected to have daily operational tasks started promptly by 7:00am Monday through Friday.
This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
- Perform operational tasks on a daily / weekly / monthly schedule
- Respond to help desk inquiries via phone and e-mail
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Collaborate with IT Manager to develop effective strategies
- Work with other team members to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with business units and developers to write test plans
- Perform user acceptance and post-implementation testing
- Analyze and document test results
- May assist in companywide system upgrade, as needed
- Documents new processes and procedures as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Associates degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Proven experience as a QA tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to set and meet deadlines as necessary
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL Server Reporting Services preferred, not required
- Familiarity with Property / Casualty Insurance preferred, not required
Erie and Niagara is seeking a Commercial/Farm Underwriter. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
To perform daily work processing functions in the Underwriting Department according to Company underwriting guidelines. The Underwriter is one of the main contacts for agents in regard to their existing policies and new business requests.
- Build a rapport with agency personnel offering friendly, courteous, and professional customer service
- Effectively answer agent’s written or telephone inquiries – responding promptly with proper follow-up documentation
Performs underwriting activities under specifically defined guidelines and authority
- Review, approve and issue renewals as well as policy endorsement requests
- Review, approve and process policy quotations
- Accept, decline, modify and issue new submissions based upon established underwriting and/or company guidelines
- Authority to backdate up to 30 days
- Maintains diary on pending items in a timely manner
- Provide written communications to agents (i.e. declinations, modifications and recommendations)
- Provide written communications to insureds (i.e. recommendations)
- May participate and/or assist in onsite agency product training sessions
- May participate in work-related seminars – single day
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Underwriting Management
- Assists in the testing of department rating updates
- Associate’s Degree is preferred
- Two years of insurance experience is preferred
- INS Designation is preferred
- Demonstrates efforts to pursue higher industry related education designations
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of coverage for select lines of business written by the department
- Demonstrates knowledge of, or the ability to learn, insurance industry terminology and laws as it pertains to assigned area
- Demonstrates knowledge of, or the ability to learn, general policies and procedures for underwriting insurance risks
- Ability to use initiative and sound judgment to make decisions within established guidelines
- Proficient Computer Skills in a Windows based environment
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form
- Able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities daily
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.