Erie and Niagara Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of families and businesses in New York State for more than 140 years.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including platinum health and dental plans, profit sharing, 401k with a company match, paid time off, pension, flexible schedules and more!
Qualified candidates may submit their confidential resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources.
Interested in joining our team? Explore the opportunities below:
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full-time Mailroom Clerk. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
- Mailing, printing, and receiving of documents both paper and electronic
- Sort, distribute, collate and mail documents
- Prepare outgoing mail using applicable mail machines: sort, apply necessary postage
- Responsible for preparing, scanning and quality checking of documents/images being converted to electronic format
- Periodic mail pick-ups from designated office locations
- Perform routine cleaning of DMC equipment, maintain paper/envelope supply, and request service/repair as needed
- Receive and validate deliveries against purchase orders and deliver to appropriate departments
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- High School Diploma – or GED Certificate
- Basic Computer Skills in a Windows based environment
- Mailroom experience is preferred, as well as knowledgeable in the operations of the following equipment: postage machine, folder/inserter, high speed printers and scanners
- Knowledgeable with workflow and imaging systems is helpful
- Detail Oriented
- Dependability is essential
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
Accounts Receivable Representative
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full time Accounts Receivable Representative. Individual is responsible for the processing of premium payments, policy reinstatements, refunds, and cancellations as appropriate. Individual provides customer service to both agents and insureds regarding billing and various accounting questions. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
- Provide daily customer service to both agents and insureds regarding direct bill and other accounting questions.
- Process daily premium payments in an efficient and accurate manner. Including the opening, posting, scanning, and reconciliation of all payments received.
- Defer complex troubleshooting issues to the Senior Direct Bill Representative
- Troubleshoot errors (scanning / reconciliation).
- Responsible for reinstatements, refunds, cancellations and non-pay cancellations on a rotational basis.
- Responsible for month-end closing functions
- Special projects / assignments as dictated by Accounting Manager.
- Minimum High School Diploma – or GED Equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years financial experience required
- Basic Mathematical and Calculator skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including Windows Operating System, Excel and Outlook
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment
- Must be detailed oriented; maintaining high level of accuracy and provide follow-up as needed
IT Support Specialist
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full time IT Support Specialist. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing technical support services such as setting up accounts, troubleshooting network errors, enhancing system security, etc. This position will provide support for IT solutions software and hardware service request/incident processing. Work is performed in a normal office environment. Position is required to work outside the normal business hours to allow for business continuity and respond to system failures. Position may require more than forty hours a week as workload warrants. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, and equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Oversee the daily performance of all systems.
- Set up equipment performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
- Conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or system administrators for service.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Provide support for network security functions and document remediation actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Two to four year college degree in related field.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in information technology or technical support.
- Extensive familiarity with Windows operating systems and Microsoft products.
- Technical knowledge of server, desktop and laptop computer hardware and accessories.
- Working knowledge of security software options and functionality preferred.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- IT certifications a plus.
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full time Property/Casualty Underwriter. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, evaluating risks, determining the appropriate levels and terms of accepting risks, preparing policies for issuance, review policy endorsements, cancellations, renewals and promoting agent relationships. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years property/casualty coverage experience required
- Demonstrated product knowledge
- Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Work within a highly-automated environment
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.